8.23.2004

Target acquired, fire at will.

I've been following the Swift Boat Shitheads for Political Gain "story" (again, my appreciation to the blogosphere for saving my sanity because the media suck-diddily-ucks, Flanders). They may have gotten their lies out there like they were an actual story to report, but the blogs haven't let a single thread drop, driving the debunking of every aspect, from the medal "controversy", to the question of enemy fire, to the whole Cambodia Holiday angle.

I've been listening to everyone wail about Kerry getting caught by surprise on this, being too soft, not getting his rapid response team out there soon enough, yada yada yada. But as I said during the weekend of VEEP leak, this team strategizes like a chess match, thinking several moves ahead, and I've suspected for a bit that there's a reason for Kerry's delayed response to the Swift Boat veterans thing.

Seems I'm not the only one:
Oliphant: "Phase 2" of Kerry Counterattack To Begin

I've said it before, I'll say it again: if it's possible to squee over a political candidate, I'm squeeing, baby. Steve Gilliard has been blogging this, too.

Not sure exactly what the 2nd phase is gonna be, but I have my suspicions. Namely, the TANG/AWOL business. I suspect Kerry knows where some bodies are buried, or knows the people who know and he's been waiting for just the opportunity to drag them out for full view. The beauty of it, especially if it really is about Bush's military service, is that Bush et al are about to be bent over like an inmate in a prison shower after talking smack about their non-existent ass-kicking powers in the exercise yard. I mean, I'm not a fan of slash, but for this, I'd make an exception.

No comments: